Welcome to NWNCC WikiEdit
Neverwinter Nights Custom Content Wiki is a collaborative encyclopedia of information related specifically to the creation new art resources for the Neverwinter Nights 1 series of games and expansions. Information herein is mostly based off of Eligio Sacateca's custom content guide and the DLA Custom Content Guide, maintained by Brian Chung until 2009.
Creating Custom Content Edit
Want to create Custom Content, but you are short of ideas ?
Modifying Existing Custom Content Edit
Not everybody can work from scratch, and often you will only want to add new features to an existing content. Especially when you start working with custom content. Here are help pages to guide you out. This will often point back to the section above (Creating Custom Content).
- Modifying Tileset (add tiles, change textures, change palette, add loadscreens, add doors, ...)
- adding new skins to existing creatures
- duplicating existing creatures to change size (e.g. tiny to gargantuan spiders)
Merging Existing Custom Content Edit
The way bioware files are coded, there are a lot of situations where using two different custom contents from different sources into the same module is not easy to do. Great care will have to be given to .2da files for example.
Even if you don't have 2D or 3D skills, you can still help out the community and module/pw builders by providing compatible, easy to use content.
- Merging Tilesets Haks (tiles, loadscreens, sounds, doors)
- ... CEP compatibility issues on creatures, placeables, etc.